Wednesday 24 April 2013

Product Review - BB Creams..Maybelline, Garnier and Smashbox.

So I was requested by a few people to provide my feedback on BB Creams and had the opportunity to try out three which were recommended to me. For those of you who do not know what "BB" stands for, it is Beauty Balm or Blemish Balm. From what I've read and now tried, it acts as an all-in-one facial product which includes a moisturizer, primer, sun block and even sometimes a foundation. It can work alone or you can amp up the coverage by adding a foundation and then putting a setting powder on top. Last month I bought three BB creams: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB (8-in-1 Beauty Balm), Garnier and Smash Box Camera Ready. For the past 3 and a half weeks I've been trying these out and I have to say that it was tough decision between two of them. Want to guess which ones? Well, it definitely wasn't the Garnier one that's for sure! I didn't like it too much, as I didn't like the texture and coverage it provided me. As well, I found it to be too sheer for me and made my skin look oily even when I put setting powder on top. Therefore, I won't be purchasing this one again and wouldn't recommend it. I had to try another drug store product slightly cheaper than Garnier's and that was the one from Maybelline. I've said this before and I'll say it again... just because you are purchasing a makeup product from the drug store product, it doesn't make it less of a product. I was pleasantly surprised with this BB cream and will definitely repurchase it. This product was quite hydrating to my skin (I tend to get dry skin during the winter time), created a natural look and really complimented my skin tone. As soon as I put it on, it provided this fresh feel. In terms of coverage, it does provide a good base, however not full coverage as I would have hoped so I did need to add a little bit of foundation. The last one was from SmashBox. This was by far my favorite! The week that I wore this (and I am still wearing it) my skin looked and felt amazing. It felt like an actual foundation and holds up really well - the coverage was just perfect, therefore, I didn't need to add anymore foundation. I was complimented twice by ladies who said I had this natural glow and I had to admit to them it was the BB Cream I was wearing. The Smashbox one was a bit on the pricier end (around $40) however I would recommend investing in it. You don't need to use a lot. So there you have it! :) If you want to read my reviews from me, I enjoy testing products all the time, so let me know! Please note that this is just my own opinion; others may feel differently about these products.


No comments:

Post a Comment