Wednesday 1 May 2013

My Yummy Green Smoothie :)


Since having my baby 6 months ago, I've been trying to go to the gym 4 to 5 times a week and eat really healthy (for the most part) so that I can shed this baby weight .... it's been challenging, but I've been trying to make the most of it, by thinking of creative and yummy healthy recipes that  will motivate me to keep going!

Recently, I started having a "Green Shake/Smoothie" in the morning. I posted a pic on facebook and some of you might think it looks disgusting (my thoughts when I first made it), but it is  soooo delicious and filling AND good for you that I would recommend this to anyone who wants that spike of energy in the morning. Trust me.. I need all the energy I can get when taking care of such an active 6 month old :)

SO here is my version of it... (Feel free to change it around if you'd like)

1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (you can also just use plain water or cocunut water)
2 cups of spinach
2 celery sticks, chopped
1/2 banana
1 Tbsp of natural of peanut or almond butter
2 to 5 ice cubes .... depending on how cold you want your smoothie to be

Put everything in the blender and BLEND :)

Voila... you have yourself a delicious smoothie filled with nutrients, and it will keep you full until lunch time

Until next time,

Mehreen

No comments:

Post a Comment